Re: Update statement flow

From: <agarwalp_at_eeism.com>
Date: 12 Jun 2005 23:30:02 -0700

Great answers guys,

No it wasn't an assignment. I am just a newbie. One question though. Suppose i have a table (col1 varchar2) one row, with value 'Z' stored. I updated a record with a simple update statement. No transaction involved.

Update table set col1='X'

And i do not commit that statement and i exit sqlplus or shutdown my database, then still select * from table show col1 value as 'X'. What is happening in this case.
but if i switch off my pc after the update statement the value in col1 is 'Z'

Please explain what is happening in both th cases. it is really confusing me. Received on Mon Jun 13 2005 - 01:30:02 CDT