processor and ram

From: humble <otnquestions_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 12 Jun 2005 16:36:37 -0700

This might be a silly question of experience oracle developers but..

I want to know the the CPU speed and the amount of RAM become an issue for SQL queries.

For example when we run a query which has to do a lot of sorting and if the sort_area_size is not properly set, then the RAM might assume a lot of importance. But WHEN will the cpu speed be relevant?

Please discuss.

Thanks
Humble Received on Sun Jun 12 2005 - 18:36:37 CDT