Re: Oracle and Raid setup

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 10:29:49 -0700

VC wrote:

> I wonder how you arrived at the number (0.6667)...
>
> Let's assume that

<lots of snipping>

And I am not responding to this particular post in particular so please, VC, don't take this personally. But this thread contains a lot of theory and math rather than actual benchmarks. Has anyone actually tested any of this?

And has anyone looked at this link to verify what they are extrapolating? http://www.netapp.com/tech_library

HTH Great discussion but I'd rather see benchmarks they exist.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org