Re: UQAgent, Oracle, and SNMP

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 11 Jun 2005 13:34:03 -0700

bderstine_at_gmail.com wrote:
> You know what, it really wouldn't surprise me. This is a new job for me
> and I just inherited some of this stuff from the last guy. I
> appreciate the info though. I didn't realize how far behind we were
> with updates/patches. I'll put a request into my manager and the dba
> and see what they come up with.
>
> If anyone else encountered this, please feel free to email me. It more
> than likely is a version problem, but in case it's not, I can always
> use the help. I'll post back if it is the version thing though if that
> fixes it.
>
> -Brad

The dbsnmp agent starts fine on my Solaris 8 box:

/export/home/oracle> agentctl start

DBSNMP for Solaris: Version 9.2.0.6.0 - Production on 11-JUN-2005 20:30:54

Copyright (c) 2003 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Starting Oracle Intelligent Agent....
Agent started
/export/home/oracle>

Of course, I'm using 9.2.0.6, and, if I remember correctly, the agent under 9.2.0.1 on Solaris 8 had similar problems to those you are encountering.

I expect when your installation is patched to 9.2.0.6 you'll not have any issues starting the agent.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Sat Jun 11 2005 - 15:34:03 CDT