Re: Linux File system and Oracle setup

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 11 Jun 2005 10:12:44 +0200

DA Morgan wrote:

> Reluctant to jump in and modify your advice but you can no long say
> "RAID5 is nonsense" without qualifying that to "with some storage
> solutions."

RAID5 on a Compaq/HP DL380 G4 is nonsense; especially if you are about to perform a performance benchmark on IO!

Hardware specs were in the OPs initial question. And as a general "advice" by Oracle -go RAID5 young man, go RAID5- it was far too unqualified as well.
And as long as RAID5 arrays cannot sustain 40MByte/sec or better, I'll keep on saying: RAID5 is nonsense. I'm BAARF/SAME. :)

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel