Re: truncate hangs for a long time

From: Bjarke Wedemeijer <bjarke_at_wedemeijer.dk>
Date: 10 Jun 2005 21:55:03 -0700

Besides Sybrands comment that another session is accessing the table during the truncate, have I seen slow truncate tables on our bigest machine where we run a buffer cache with 50GB on a Sun 20K. A truncate table, eventhough no users use the table, still might take 5-10 seconds since the chains on the cache are relatively high, and we all know that Sun 20K has not the fastest processors on earth.

Bjarke Received on Fri Jun 10 2005 - 23:55:03 CDT