Re: Maximun number of unions in a single query

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 10 Jun 2005 16:53:28 -0700

>Maximo

Oh man, that was one I had forgotten about till I saw this. One time I was at a place where a maximo person was doing an install, and after they were on the phone for hours and then left without it working, the DBA called me over to get my opinion on things. It made the other silly app I had been waltzing with look a lot better.

But remember, from the user's viewpoint, if it gets the job done, it's a good app.

That doesn't have to stop us from pointing and laughing. Not to mention laughing at users who spend way too much for way too little, when all they need to do is listen to the proper geeks.

I recently interviewed at a place, and no one (manager, developer, admin) could tell me if they were using CBO or RBO (with an app that I knew went far too long on RBO, and can run better on CBO). I still don't know how to tell a place like that they _need_ someone like me, without sounding impossibly arrogant.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.  Unexpectedly came upon the original Monty Python
spam routine last night while mindlessly channel-surfing.  Still a