2 instances (2 users) and security

From: HARI OM <hari_om_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 10 Jun 2005 13:35:01 -0700

I am using Oracle 9.2.0.1 on HP Intel Servers running SuSE 9.0.

My Oracle SW is OWNED by USER: LARRY and GROUP:ELLISON

I have 2 Instances running on it: CAL (caluser as its main user) and BOM (bomuser as its main user)

Users of one instance should NOT have access to another instance. (for security purposes)

On Server, I have following Directory set up with user:group:

/data/cal/ (caluser:ellison)
/data/bom/ (bomuser:ellison)

Since BOMUSER belongs to same group as CALUSER... can CALUSER have access to data in BOM?

WHAT is the BEST way to have users of these 2 Instances able to access their individual instances without interfering other...

Should CALUSER and BOMUSER belong to same group? Should they belong to GOUP ELLISON?

Any related information on above is appreciated.

HARI OM Received on Fri Jun 10 2005 - 15:35:01 CDT