Re: extra rows in USER_DEPENDENCIES

From: Andy Hassall <andy_at_andyh.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 20:41:52 +0100

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 15:24:37 -0400, "Mark C. Stock" <mcstockX_at_Xenquery .com> wrote:

>Anybody ever run across apparently extra rows in USER_DEPENDENCIES?
>
>Specifically, I'm seeing a table in the REFERENCED_NAME column for a
>stand-alone procedure that does not directly reference the table (or use it
>in a %TYPE or %ROWTYPE reference)
>
>Is oracle recording indirect references? There don't seem to be any views
>dependent on the table that are referenced in the proc, but it does
>reference package variables that are defined with a %ROWTYPE -- could that
>be the dependency oracle is recording?
>
>Version:
>
>Oracle9i Enterprise Edition Release 9.0.1.4.0 - 64bit Production; HP-UX

 There's a recent post on .misc with a similar issue, except that's transitive dependencies for a view against a function (called indirectly through other views) showing up as a direct dependency for the view:

Subject: dba_dependencies "extra" rows?

--
Andy Hassall / <andy@andyh.co.uk> / <http://www.andyh.co.uk>
<http://www.andyhsoftware.co.uk/space> Space: disk usage analysis tool