Re: UQAgent, Oracle, and SNMP

From: hpuxrac <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 10 Jun 2005 11:55:38 -0700

bderstine_at_gmail.com wrote:
> I've never worked with Oracle before and I am definitely not a DBA, but
> I've been tasked with generating some mrtg reports from snmp data from
> one of our Oracle DB servers. The server is a Sun Sparc 250, Solaris
> 5.9 (9), and I'm not 100% sure of the Oracle version. If you give me a
> command, I can look it up.
>
> I've been following the steps listed on this site:
> https://jimweller.net/?p=196 and I have everything working and
> configured as far as the peer stuff goes. However, his one step:
>
> lsnrctl dbsnmp_start
>
> Doesn't work for me. Now, I googled for a little and found that the
> command is probably old, and has been replaced by agentctl? I used
> "agentctl start" (dbsnmp_start doesn't seem to exist anymore either)
> but after running the command, I get this:
>
> DBSNMP for Solaris: Version 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on 10-JUN-2005
> 14:14:55
>
> Starting Oracle Intelligent Agent...
> Agent startup failed. Check
> /u01/app/oracle/OraHome1/network/log/dbsnmp.nohup for details
> .$
>
> dbsnmp.hohup contents =
> ------------------------ Fri Jun 10 14:14:55 EDT 2005
> -------------Failed while initializing user subsystem
> Error initializing subsystems
> nmiumini_initializeUM: Unable to initialize UQAgent exited at Fri Jun
> 10 14:14:57 EDT 2005 with return value
> 55
> Could not start agent. Initialization failure
> ------------------------
>
> I've been googling for hours and pretty frustrated. Is there a command
> I'm missing? Or are some files in the wrong spot? Any help is
> appreciated.
>
> -Brad

Brad I would guess that much of your problem comes from the DBSNMP for Solaris: Version 9.2.0.1.0 ( version ).

Version 9.2.0.6 works fine for me ...

> agentctl status

DBSNMP for HPUX: Version 9.2.0.6.0 - Production on 10-JUN-2005 14:53:32

Copyright (c) 2003 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

Version             : DBSNMP for HPUX: Version 9.2.0.6.0 - Production
Oracle Home         : /u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0
Started by user     : oracle

Agent is running since 05/27/05 10:45:15

If you guys are really running BASE 9.2 (unpatched) ... ouch. I would guess that there are a bunch of fixes to the snmp stuff that your system does not have on ... perhaps making your assignment impossible until it is patched and operational. Received on Fri Jun 10 2005 - 13:55:38 CDT