UQAgent, Oracle, and SNMP

From: <bderstine_at_gmail.com>
Date: 10 Jun 2005 11:19:00 -0700

I've never worked with Oracle before and I am definitely not a DBA, but I've been tasked with generating some mrtg reports from snmp data from one of our Oracle DB servers. The server is a Sun Sparc 250, Solaris 5.9 (9), and I'm not 100% sure of the Oracle version. If you give me a command, I can look it up.

I've been following the steps listed on this site: https://jimweller.net/?p=196 and I have everything working and configured as far as the peer stuff goes. However, his one step:

lsnrctl dbsnmp_start

Doesn't work for me. Now, I googled for a little and found that the command is probably old, and has been replaced by agentctl? I used "agentctl start" (dbsnmp_start doesn't seem to exist anymore either) but after running the command, I get this:

DBSNMP for Solaris: Version 9.2.0.1.0 - Production on 10-JUN-2005 14:14:55

Starting Oracle Intelligent Agent...
Agent startup failed. Check
/u01/app/oracle/OraHome1/network/log/dbsnmp.nohup for details .$

dbsnmp.hohup contents =

------------------------ Fri Jun 10 14:14:55 EDT 2005
-------------Failed while initializing user subsystem Error initializing subsystems
nmiumini_initializeUM: Unable to initialize UQAgent exited at Fri Jun 10 14:14:57 EDT 2005 with return value
55
Could not start agent. Initialization failure

I've been googling for hours and pretty frustrated. Is there a command I'm missing? Or are some files in the wrong spot? Any help is appreciated.

-Brad Received on Fri Jun 10 2005 - 13:19:00 CDT