Re: histogram generation

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 9 Jun 2005 09:43:26 -0700

chris.brown_at_providenthims.co.uk wrote:
> Thanks for your response Jeff
>
> I am aware of the package to create histograms
> / I was particularly interested in guranteeing that a particular point
> in time re histograms could be created again at another point in time .
> If you've any ideas then please let me know...otherwise thanks for your
> input
>
> regards
> Chris B

All of your requirements are met with the dbms_stats package. Use dbms_stats.create_stat_table() to create the STATTAB table in your schema, neecessary to export statistics from and import statistics to the data dictionary, use dbms_stats.gather_schema_stats() to compute/collect statistics on your schema, use dbms_stats.export_schema_stats() to put the favorable statistics into your STATTAB table and use dbms_stats.import_schema_stats() to restore the desired statistics from your STATTAB table to the data dictionary.

Read more online at tahiti.oracle.com.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Thu Jun 09 2005 - 11:43:26 CDT