Re: how to recover a datafile deleted and need to recover without backup file...using file# from v$datafile?

From: Holger Baer <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de>
Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 14:32:53 +0200

emerryan_at_yahoo.co.uk wrote:
> Thanks, using version 9.1.2.0.2
>

> i have recoved this file from a free softward call file recovery and
> now restored to its original destination:
>
> I then used the following command to alter:
>
> alter database recover automatic datafile
> 'c:\ORACLE\ORADATA\RHEA\CC_CAPTURE.ORA'
>

> alter database recover automatic datafile 'c:\ORACLE\ORADATA\RHEA\CC_C
>
> *
>
> ERROR at line 1:
>
> ORA-00283: recovery session canceled due to errors
>
> ORA-01110: data file 13: 'C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\RHEA\CC_CAPTURE.ORA'
>
> ORA-01122: database file 13 failed verification check
>
> ORA-01110: data file 13: 'C:\ORACLE\ORADATA\RHEA\CC_CAPTURE.ORA'
>
> ORA-01251: Unknown File Header Version read for file number 13
>
> but yeh, i did miss the 'ora' and reliased that afterwards.
>
> Can I still recreate the file#13? that is the datafile number as
> above?? I can't do nothing, am i really screwed??

Well, according to the error you get, this file recovery thing didn't get it back so that oracle can use it.

Now take a deep breath and one step back. Shut down your database and make a backup. Then start reading the documentation as I told you in my first answer. The RMAN user guide has an example how you can resurrect a datafile if
a) you're in archivelog mode
b) you have all archived logs since the creation of the datafile

Read the example, understand it's implications and then if you think you're sure what you're doing, perform the recovery.

If you don't meet the requirements, then yes, you're screwed.

HTH
Holger Received on Wed Jun 08 2005 - 07:32:53 CDT