Re: 905 Invalid object schema.schema is invalid on 9i

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 8 Jun 2005 05:15:38 -0700

Ender Wiggin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have recently installed Tora and I tried to debug a PL/SQL package I have
> installed on my schema. During debugging, Tora gets PLS-905 error.
> Suspicious, I
> have run the same query through sqlplus. I got the same error.
> begin
> schema.package.procedure(....) ;
> end ;
>
> The above works when the package is installed in another schema or if I call
> without qualifying with my own schema name. Is that a bug in the Oracle
> 9.2.0.6 database ? It seems something is automatically appending my schema
> name even though it is qualified. Any ideas why ? Authentication is
> external.
>
> Thanks
>
> PS. The package is installed into my schema without errors.

You need to stop this practice of duplicate posts. It is the surest way be ignored.

Why does every bit of apparently 'odd' or misunderstood behaviour have to be a 'bug'?? Did the package installation create a synonym of which you're unaware? A synonym automatically 'translates' your call to a given package/procedure/function minus the schema to the fully qualified name. Query the USER_SYNONYMS view and verify no such synonym exists for this package. Since the package functions properly without your explicit prepending of the schema the synonym issue appears to be the only logical answer.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Wed Jun 08 2005 - 07:15:38 CDT