how to recover a datafile deleted and need to recover without backup file...using file# from v$datafile?

From: <emerryan_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 8 Jun 2005 02:35:48 -0700

I need to recover a datafile found on c:\oracle...drive that pends on startup. the file was deleted accidently and needs to be recovered using the syntax below; I was told to find out the original file number by using the select file# from v$datafile ? how can I tell which is the correct file as I have file# 1-51?
the file was called cc_capture.ora it was over 2gb and when deleted didn't go into the recycling bin due to size!

synta x

shutdown immediate
startup mount

checking for the file#
select file# from v$datafile

ALTER DATABASE
CREATE DATAFILE 'c:\oracle\oradata\rhea\cc_capture SIZE 2048m AS datafile_file51_spec;

would this be the correct syntax???

please help!

rem I do not have the file to recover from tape...

Cheers
Emer Received on Wed Jun 08 2005 - 04:35:48 CDT