help limiting number of sessions per user

From: Hortich <Hortich_at_Hortich.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 19:57:20 +0100

Hi, 10g on Redhat. I am reading the following. I want to limit the number of sessions a user can have. The Oracle documentations say this is the way you do it:

create profile proftest limit cpu_per_session 100 sessions_per_user 1

and then

create user testuser identified by testuser profile proftest

However I can connect to the database instance as testuser using sqlplus more than once (I tried and 4 different sessions). Any help please. I only want to allow testuser to have 1 session, or any number that I specify in proftest.

Thank you

Hort Received on Tue Jun 07 2005 - 13:57:20 CDT