2 table hash join order

From: tq <tomm_quinn_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 6 Jun 2005 14:59:00 -0700

I have a simple question - If I have 2 tables, 1 small and 1 large, what are the implications of the table order if I'm using a hash join? Does it matter? Oracle has got to create the hash keys on both join columns anyway. What about if the large table is too large to fit the total hashed key into memory - is it better to drive from small to large in this case? Thanks for input. Received on Mon Jun 06 2005 - 16:59:00 CDT