Re: Oracle migration on Solaris 10 takes forever

From: <dominica_at_gmail.com>
Date: 6 Jun 2005 13:11:54 -0700

Hmm, sound like you have a problem.

I have 1 250+ gig 8.1.7.4(I know I am different db level than you). And I upgrade to oracle 9.2 manually, only around 1.5 hour on a very slow machine.

I did not use the GUI screen for upgrade. I execute all the sql command(script) in the command line mode.

Are you sure you can't go directly to 10g? I have not look yet.
I know I could go directly to 10g from 8.1.7.4 (this one I know for sure.)

Dominica Received on Mon Jun 06 2005 - 15:11:54 CDT