Re: how to get a BLOB from a table to OS?

From: <dominica_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Jun 2005 21:56:40 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> dominica_at_gmail.com wrote:
> > HI Daniel,
> >
> > Thank you very much for your help.
> > Though, I am running 8.1.7.4 .
> > I still will try it out.
> >
> > Actually, I found out it is very easy to do in Perl-DBI,
> > but I just need to get Perl-DBI installed.
> >
> > Dominica
>
> Don't waste your time ... it is only going to work in 10g.
>
> Which given that 8i is in desupport is where your primary
> focus should be: Upgrading.
>
> You will get superior performance.
> Superior scalability
> Superior security
> SarbOx and HIPAA compliance capability
> plus most importantly
> A resume' that will get you another job.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> http://www.psoug.org
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your help.
I agree, don't waste too much time on this. Since I already behind on my "testing" of 10g upgrade schedule.

I like "A resume that will get you another job". I like that :)

May I ask you for something else?
Do you have a copy of a SAMPLE 10g spfile?? I know Oracle will have one. Usually I don't like the sample that come with oracle. Usually the parameter is too small. I would like to look at the undo tablespace and sizing and how you do it???

My DB is around 150 G. Very fast OLTP,
and the consistent get is around several million per minute. Sometimes, even go up to 10 million per minute for consistent get. Pretty crazy.

Dominica Received on Sun Jun 05 2005 - 23:56:40 CDT