Connecting using Olog() as sysdba

From: <mydevnull_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: 5 Jun 2005 18:24:17 -0700

Hi there,

I am using an old 7.x library call olog() to connect to Oracle. All is fine except I can't connect as sysdba. Basically, I have this call:

      r = olog(&lda, (ub1 *) hda, buf, -1, (text *) 0, -1,
               (text *)0, -1, (ub4)OCI_LM_DEF);

which works if buf is "scott/tiger_at_orcl" etc, but does Not work if buf is "sys/syspass_at_orcl as sysdba" .

How do I connect as sysdba using olog()? I need to look inside dba_users and the client is on a remote machine. The targets are Oracle 7i, 8i, 9i, and 10i EE. I have checked that 10i doesn't allow sys without sysdba while 8i does.

Any help will be really useful.

Thanks,
Vinay. Received on Sun Jun 05 2005 - 20:24:17 CDT