Re: Oracle 9i VPD Predicate Function

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 4 Jun 2005 08:17:18 +0000 (UTC)

"Chris McMahon" <NOSPAM_cochrane68_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:4Z6oe.33725$Fv.7401_at_lakeread01...
> I've observed that the predicate function we wrote for the policy against
> a table is firing twice for each query against that table. Is this normal
> behavior for VPD Predicate Functions?

The function is embedded in an anonymous pl/sql block that is executed on each parse call and each execute call.

If you had a sample of code that held cursors, you would see that you get one execution of the predicate function per execution of the cursor.

This is normal for 9i onwards. 8i did not do this.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Public Appearances - schedule updated April 5th 2005