how to get a BLOB from a table to OS?

From: <dominica_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Jun 2005 19:29:42 -0700

Hi All,

  I am trying to get a BLOB from a table to OS(unix)?

Someone give me hint on how to use dbms_lobs function and dump the output to os?

Anyone has done this before?
I know it could be done.

You know what I am trying to archive, I am actually testing an oracle upgrade from 8.1.7.4 to oracle 10g. And I want to make sure after the 10g upgrade, my BLOB inside the database, like pdf are still pdf file, not become JUNKS.

Dominica Received on Fri Jun 03 2005 - 21:29:42 CDT