Re: exec any procedure

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 12:33:45 -0700

Paul wrote:

> DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote:
>

>>>i have a user having execute any procedure priv.Is it some security
>>>issue.

>>Yes. They can make themselves SYS anytime they want to.

> How, without a password?
>

> Paul...

You don't need one if you have EXECUTE ANY PROCEDURE.

 From Pete Finnegan's site:

Often neglected, the OUTLN account has EXECUTE ANY PROCEDURE permission. On 8i it can become admin by using dbms_repcat_admin.

UPDATED 16-Sep-2004 I have just updated the links to other researchers advisories for the Oracle alert #68 as Alex Kornbrust has added detailed advisories for the three bugs that he discovered that were also fixed in Oracle alert #68. Alex found a particularly interesting SQL Injection bug in the CTXSYS.DRILOAD package where it is possible to execute almost any SQL command for instance granting yourself the DBA role.

And there are plenty of other ways to do it in other versions of Oracle.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org