Re: Multimaster replication confusion!

From: <julius.cooper_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Jun 2005 12:17:24 -0700

Daniel,

Thx for the reply.

As for the version: it's Oracle9i (sorry).

Now, as to why we'd want to do it this way? The short answer is that we need high availability (99.9999999+), and they want to have local store copies of the data at each workstation to ensure that. Basically, the situation we're in is this: if a particular transaction cannot or does not complete, the entire batch will fail--and we'll get hit with huge fines.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Julius Received on Fri Jun 03 2005 - 14:17:24 CDT