Re: iSqlplus 10g

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 15:44:48 GMT

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 20:06:11 -0700, Ora Dummy interested us by writing:

> Hi,
>
> I started iSqlplus for 10g aix fine. However, when i try to login in
> using http://<hostname>:5560/isqlplus, once I entered userid and
> password and click OK, there is nothing happen. What could go wrong?
>
> Is iSqlplus the only way to go for 10g. I just want to create a simple
> user. So far I am not able to.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ora dummy

Although many people use SQLPlus directly ... and will encourage you toi ignore iSQLPlus, I'd strongly suggest you keep down the iSQLPlus path at least as an alternate. Using iSQLPlus, you never have to install SQLPlus on a client. That can be a major bonus in a larger environment, or for people who need to do real work, in spite of firewalls, while travelling.

The fact that nothing happens implies that iSQLPLus was not configured right, or it's not hitting the database right. Have you read 'Quick STart' and 'Chapter 1,3 of SQL*PlusŪ User's Guide and Reference manual?

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com