Re: Rman backup questions

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 2 Jun 2005 17:35:39 -0700

> Could I restore the backup from tape(created
>before the lost disk backup) and use all of the
>archive logs up to the current time to recover????

Yes, I do this when creating standby's at remote locations where it is quicker to send someone with a tape on a commercial jet than stuff it through the network.

For the rest, grind through those backup manuals.

Also, when you post questions, be sure and post the basics: http://www.dbaoracle.net/readme-cdos.htm

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.