Rman backup questions

From: dk <dkight_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 19:17:02 -0400

I have a backup going to disk. After a new backup is created the previous backup is sent to tape;

BACKUP DEVICE TYPE sbt BACKUPSET COMPLETED BEFORE 'SYSDATE-1' DELETE INPUT;

All of this is ok. But how would is get my database back to the current time if I lose the database file systems along with the file system containing the the backups. Could I restore the backup from tape(created before the lost disk backup) and use all of the archive logs up to the current time to recover????

I would like to do the following;

  1. backup my database to disk daily
  2. immediately backup the backup on disk to tape

However, the only backup I want on disk is one successful backup(for fast restore) and on tape 1 copy of the current successful backup(in case my disk copy gets corrupted) along with backups for the last 7 seven days.

Any ideas as to how to do the above would be appreciated.

TIA Received on Thu Jun 02 2005 - 18:17:02 CDT