Re: Oracle and Dotnet

From: Larry <larry_at_larry.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 22:32:54 GMT

pobox002_at_bebub.com wrote:
> You are not using bind variables and over parsing. Each time you build
> that string it is a unique statement that needs validating and
> compiling.
>
> You should have something like
>
> string SQL = "insert into test values (?)";
>
> and bind the placeholder. Sorry I am not a C# programmer so I don't
> have the syntax, but there should be ODP.NET code examples on
> http://otn.oracle.com

Thanks for that reply. I changed my string to

string SQL = "insert into test values ('1')";

By doing that I removed the variable and simply deposited a constant. My performance did improve from 35 to 40 inserts per second but that is still way short of any usable rate for my application.

Thanks again! Received on Thu Jun 02 2005 - 17:32:54 CDT