Re: Database market share 2004

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 15:19:32 -0700

Paul wrote:

> Firebird is also very solid, having 20
> years of commercial development behind it.

But that is not enough. Here in the US one MUST think Sarbanes-Oxley. If you are not you are at huge risk of finding yourself discussing your lack of consideration with federal law enforcement officers while under oath.

Systems that are "solid" are not necessarily SarbOx compliant. We are at this moment watching a vendor whose upcoming product release seems to be an unwitting attempt at self-destruction over what many are seeing as an inability to be SarbOx compliant. The buzz is all over the big accounting firms and consultancies right now.

Note: In an effort to keep flaming out of this thread no I will not name the product.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org