Re: Deadlock Question

From: <wagen123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Jun 2005 14:44:04 -0700

J. Lewis: Thank You.
Tom Kyte: Thanks for correcting me. To prevent full table scans on the child table and blocking scenarios (as you described), will creating indexes on the foreign keys PREVENT deadlocks. I am still not clear about this. Can you help me simulate a deadlock if the foreign keys are NOT indexed?

Thanks very much. Received on Thu Jun 02 2005 - 16:44:04 CDT