tables with names like BIN$+8U+85NvSla5kZXvWwSOhQ==$0

From: Jeff Kish <jeff.kish_at_mro.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 17:15:50 -0400

Hi.

I just installed oracle 10g, and found that for some reason a large number of strange tables have been created in my schema that I have not explicitly created; They have names such as: Hi.

I just installed oracle 10g, and found that for some reason a large number of strange tables have been created in my schema that I have not explicitly created; They have names such as:

BIN$+8U+85NvSla5kZXvWwSOhQ==$0

Can someone tell me what I've done to deserve such tables in my schema?

They don't appear when I run the same scripts in Oracle 9, so I figure it is some sort of option or something.

Are they backup tables of some sort? (their column names are very similar to those of the tables I normally create).

Thanks Received on Thu Jun 02 2005 - 16:15:50 CDT