Re: Deadlock Question

From: <wagen123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Jun 2005 12:37:22 -0700

Oracle10g 10.1.0.3 (64 bit)
Solaris 2.8 (64 bit)

Billy --> You are correct. As per Metalink Note:223303.1 in 9.2.0 and later versions, the foreign keys don't have to be indexed.

Could some one explain the following via an example.

Quote from J. Lewis: the problem of two processes trying to insert new rows into two tables, and crossing over in their use of uncommitted primary keys.

Quote from Metalink: what happens when you have deadlock on insert due to primary key overlap. This is relatively easy to reproduce, and results in
deadlock where each process holds X mode and waits on S mode. Also, row waited on is 'no row'.

Thanks for any pointers.
wagen