Oracle and Dotnet

From: Larry <larry_at_larry.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 18:38:19 GMT

Hello All:

I am looking for an "opinion" by Oracle Professionals as to whether Oracle server 10G can be expected to perform properly using the ODP.net as provided by the Oracle Corporation.

Our company has contracted out Oracle DBA's. They have set up a 10G development server for me to use. I am using ODP.net from Oracle and Csharp. I have a single table, with a single field (varchar(20)), no indexes at all.

Running my app from the same machine that the server is located on, I am inserting a whopping 35 records per second.

The exact same program (except for connection string and changing 'Oracle' to 'MySQL') gets me an insert rate of 7250 in the MySQL database.

Obviously, something is wrong. Oracle didn't become the industry leader with that type of performance. Our Oracle DBA's are claiming the problem is DOTNET. I don't buy that, especially since I am using a provider directly from the Oracle Corporation.

I need an opinion on the following....

SHOULD I EXPECT HIGH PERFORMANCE FROM ODP.NET????????????? Received on Thu Jun 02 2005 - 13:38:19 CDT