Oracle on Linux, File placement conventions?

From: none <_at_(none)>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 10:49:01 -0500

Hi,

I just installed 10.1.0.3 on linux. What is the conventional location to stick the software? On HP I alway put it in /opt/oracle/product... but on Linux it seems people put stuff in /var.

So my question is: Is there a convention agreed upon for where to place the Oracle software on Linux?

Related - On linux dbhome, dbshut, dbstart look in
/var/opt/oracle/oratab for the oratab, but the oratab is created in the
standard /etc/oratab.

question: How are people addressing this? Are you editing the dbshut/start to look in /etc/oratab, or are you: ln -s
/var/opt/oracle/oratab /etc/oratab, or solving this in some other manner?

Thank you in advance
Jay Received on Thu Jun 02 2005 - 10:49:01 CDT