Re: Oracle index rebuilding performance

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 2 Jun 2005 06:41:02 -0700

If I was going to be running on an 8.1.7 system I would want it to be at least at 8.1.7.4

There are numerous bugs in all versions of 8.1.7 including in .4, but it was fairly stable and usuable for us where 8.1.7.0 was not.

Have you tried just updating the statistics when performance slows down and then comparing the before and after statistics regeneration numbers.

Have you tried just rebuilding the indexes without rebuiding the tables?

Have you verified the performance problem is related to multiple tables and really not just one or two tables?

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Thu Jun 02 2005 - 08:41:02 CDT