rman 06089

From: <hosea.basis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 Jun 2005 03:04:33 -0700

We are not using RMAN for any backup/recovery purposes. However, now we are using veritas SAN backup at the moment for trial. Below is part of the script used by veritas for the backup.

d:\oracle\ora81\bin\rman.exe
connection info: taret 'sys/****' nocatalog

This is the error that i got.

rman-06089 archived log d:\oracle\oradata\464.arc not found or out of sync with catalog

This database has been running for months so naturally 464.arc is no longer existing. However, the script from veritas stated nocatalog, and i am puzzled by the missing log archive. Does veritas read this from the control file?

I searched the net and found the below
http://www.cryer.co.uk/brian/oracle/RMAN06089.htm

I wanted to go for "reset database" in rman but has absolutely no confidence in rman, therefore i hesitated. Lastly, i am not familar with the second option abt resetting the logs.

windows oracle <-> veritas net backup

so there is nothing wrong with my windows oracle. Will the below work?

c:\ rman target /

rman> crosscheck backup;
rman> delete obsolete;
rman> delete expired;

i replace the $ with the c:\ and i am fine? Received on Thu Jun 02 2005 - 05:04:33 CDT