Re: 2 GB myth

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 1 Jun 2005 18:10:39 -0700

Frank van Bortel wrote:

> > OTOH, all that is required to really ruin your day is ONE
> > single tool that not's fully 64-bit. You may not always have control
>
> Like exp and imp? 8|

Narh. If you're running anything reasonaby recent like 9ir2 and RH3, then you can use any file size up to 32Gb without a worry. Assuming your db block size is 4k or 8k and you're using ext2 or ext3. Above that and you run into db max file size or file system max file size limits. 32G is good enough for me ATM.
All bets are off if you're running earlier stuff, though. :( Received on Wed Jun 01 2005 - 20:10:39 CDT