Re: Huge undotbs during insert

From: <tim.kearsley_at_milton-keynes.gov.uk>
Date: 1 Jun 2005 15:02:03 -0700

DA Morgan wrote:
> tim.kearsley_at_milton-keynes.gov.uk wrote:
>
> > The newsgroup SHOULD be here to help but there a couple of
> > self-proclaimed "policemen"
> >
> > Anyway, all the best.
> >
> > Tim Kearsley
> > HBS Milton Keynes
>
> <SARCASM>
> Oh but this group is here for precisely the purpose you
> state. I guess all of us are just sitting here like deer
> in the headlights waiting for you to do precisely that.
>
> So go for it. The self-proclaimed policemen haven't arrested
> you and taken away your keyboard. There are many posters that
> need your immediate help. What is the solution to the question
> about GRID metrics? And what is the solution to the question
> about the 8 drive configuration? And what is the solution to the
> question about using files larger than 2GB? And ... and ... and
> ... why is it that you are whining here rather than helping? I
> would think that someone with your skills would have just ignored
> me, ignored Sybrand, and immediately set about being the font of
> knowledge and information so sorely needed by all.
> </SARCASM>
>
> Darn ... broke my promise ... I'll try harder next time.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> http://www.psoug.org
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
> (replace x with u to respond)

No, I'm not whining Daniel. I'm pointing out that you and Sybrand are always so quick to jump down people's throats if they happen not to get things EXACTLY correct as you see them. We all KNOW that people need to post details of environment in order to get meaningful answers. But it IS possible to tell them that politely, without inferring that they are of sub-normal intelligence just because they don't happen to know that they mustn't top-post, must check the 8 billion or so pages that Google currently searches for every Oracle reference before they ask their question and mustn't DARE to ask a question about an Oracle product that is slightly out of date. How DARE they still be running Oracle 9.2.0.4 when everyone KNOWS that it should be patched to 9.2.0.6??

I haven't helped out in this newsgroup much in the past, but I intend to more in the future. For one thing I don't get that much time during the working day. Outside of work, I do (shock, horror) have other interests.

You and Sybrand have massive knowledge and experience - no sensible person would deny that. But your manner in corresponding with people stinks and you need to do some serious work on it before you get much respect from me. Looking at your last post I think you also need to seriously question your own maturity.

Now I don't intend to correspond any more on this thread and I *DO* keep my promises.

Tim Kearsley
HBS Milton Keynes Received on Wed Jun 01 2005 - 17:02:03 CDT