Re: Oracle Dates and Java Dates and selecting the former into the later

From: <mike.jones_at_xenicom.com>
Date: 1 Jun 2005 09:55:39 -0700

Good points well made... Adter getting an example the problematic approach seems to be doing the below, I've just copied the bit I think relevent but if you want more ask... I should aslo point out that this is connecting via weblogic. I have a feeling this is relevent.

            while (results.next()) {
                Object value = results.getObject(1);
                System.out.println("Class we got back is " +
value.getClass().toString());
                System.out.println("Sysdate value = " +
value.toString());

It seems that as the type is a date (as the column is) it gets it back as a date and thus the time element disappears!!

2 Questions:

Is my thinking right?
Is there any known way of solving this issue?

Thanks,

Mike. Received on Wed Jun 01 2005 - 11:55:39 CDT