Re: CONNECT Role Privileges

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2005 00:43:29 GMT

DA Morgan wrote:

> Holger Baer wrote:

[...]
> To the best of my knoweldge no change was made to RESOURCE although I
> made plea for that change in 10gR3 should there be one. And if not 10gR3
> in 11. The security risk created by these three default roles exceeds
> any possible value they might contain.

[...]

Any idea when Oracle will fix the following problem?

A user granted the RESOURCE role automatically gets the UNLIMITED TABLESPACE system privilege. Roles technically can't be grantees for system privileges, but this behavior is hard-coded (an "anomaly" is what Tom Kyte called it).

http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:11140506257568189804::NO::F4950_P8_DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:1063989617206

As I recall this was at the heart of a long and heated thread here earlier this year... the only thing everyone agreed on was that it was a major problem, much bigger than any associated with CONNECT.

-Mark Bole Received on Tue May 31 2005 - 19:43:29 CDT