Re: Show "progress" of a process using pl/sql web toolkit?

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 18:13:55 +0200

Jeremy wrote:

>>Oh well..
>>

> Oh well indeed... I was hoping that you were going to round off your
> post with a "and this is how we've overcome this limitation"!

Yes - tell your customers the web ain't windows, and that's the way it is.

Change the approach - submit a job, and your screen will return immediately, or return with a refresh request, and refresh your page every 5 secs (displaying an animated gif of a clock :) ) until you're done. Need a status request, and a subprocess that will update the status once the updates are done.

I always go for one, and tell 'em this is the web - it's stateless.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel