Re: PL/SQL code in constraints?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 31 May 2005 02:22:52 -0700

Randi W wrote:
> I run Oracle 8.1.7. Is it possible to add calls to PL/SQL code from
> constraints on a table?
> Or is using a trigger the way to perform more control of data when coding is
> needed?

If you are not after very complex constraints, then you may try using a Function-Based Index to achieve something similar. Have a look at: http://www.akadia.com/services/ora_function_based_index_1.html

Keep an eye on parameter "query_rewrite_enabled" in init.ora, must be true for this to work. Received on Tue May 31 2005 - 04:22:52 CDT