Re: Database market share 2004

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 30 May 2005 23:41:25 -0700

Jim Smith wrote:

> You *can't* buy Oracle without the RAC option. Well you can, if you buy
> Standard Edition One, but Standard Edition and Enterprise Edition both
> include RAC. I don't know how much market share SEO[1] has, but you
> could say that almost all Oracle licenses include RAC.

Care to rephrase that? Ain't making much sense right now... :)

If it was the case that one "couldn't buy Oracle without RAC", then why point out that "few users are buying Oracle without RAC for Linux"?

> 1: Probably negligible in the type of company Gartner is addressing.

Ah, but they put NO qualifiers in their "addressing", do they? Therefore, others might conclude it's the "state of the overall market". When it isn't, by any stretch of the imagination. Received on Tue May 31 2005 - 01:41:25 CDT