Export / import of a db

From: <DMina_at_laiki.com>
Date: 30 May 2005 22:38:14 -0700

Hello people!

I need to export our production Oracle database (8.1.7.4) on AIX (5.2) and import it into our preproduction environment. This is the statement I am planning to use for the export:

exp user/password file=prod.dmp consistent=y full=y log=prod.log

The issue is that the preproduction database has a different structure from the production database.
In the preproduction database there are different tablespaces and more in number. How do I go about this?
How should/can i proceed? What do i have to have in mind?

Regards,
Demetris Received on Tue May 31 2005 - 00:38:14 CDT