I kill it and it just won't die

From: 151 Proof <sm_at_ck.me>
Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 01:10:00 GMT

Oracle noob here, trying to kill a session, so I get the SID and SERIAL# of the session by selecting from V$SESSION, then issue ALTER SYSTEM KILL SESSION SID,SERIAL# IMMEDIATE ... but the session just refuses to kick the bucket. I tried the DISCONNECT SESSION option too but same result. Connecting as sysdba. Received on Mon May 30 2005 - 20:10:00 CDT