Re: Huge undotbs during insert

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 13:59:50 -0700

tim.kearsley_at_milton-keynes.gov.uk wrote:

> Daniel, you've gone right off the point, deliberately I think, because
> once again you have posted a misleading answer earlier in the thread
> and are now trying to deflect the thread away from that. You would
> make a good politician as they never answer a question put to them and
> go off at a tangent making irrelevant points.

I'm off the point? Lets try this using Google as the arbiter of "the point."

Sybrand Bakker
COPY is a dead ally, as it is going to be desupported.

Tim Kearsley
Indeed it is. But so what?

Sybrand Bakker
It will prevent him to upgrade, wouldn't it? Apparently you don't care about upgrades.

And that really is the entire point. You were attempting to defend functionality that you acknowledged was going to be desupported. Now you make reference to it in the 10.1 docs which is a complete reversal from your previous statement when you agreed with Sybrand.

When you have dealt with the above ... I will consider extending the discussion to some other matter.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org