Re: Huge undotbs during insert

From: <tim.kearsley_at_milton-keynes.gov.uk>
Date: 30 May 2005 13:06:43 -0700

> Last year, for 6 months, I had a contract with a division of a very
> large aerospace company that included interviewing and giving them the
> thumbs-up or thumbs-down on every candidate for architect, DBA, and
> developer on Oracle projects. The interview criteria were discussed
> among team members so this wasn't just me off on some wild ride at the
> county fair.
>
> Your attitude is sooner or later going to put you at a table in front of
> someone like me ... and it is going to be a very short interview.
>
> Everyone knows that the correct answer to "Do you like working as a
> member of a team" is "YES." Attitudes like yours, however, are easy to
> discover with a few good questions. And more and more people in IT
> management are learning to look for those who express the thoughts you
> have. And we don't hire them.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> http://www.psoug.org
> damorgan_at_x.washington.edu

Daniel, you've gone right off the point, deliberately I think, because once again you have posted a misleading answer earlier in the thread and are now trying to deflect the thread away from that. You would make a good politician as they never answer a question put to them and go off at a tangent making irrelevant points.

My "attitude" as you put it has never caused me to suffer in any way in any interview. I occupy a management position and conduct interviews of my own for staff thank you, so please don't lecture me on that score.

For once just answer these direct questions:

  1. How does using the SQLPlus COPY command to copy a table cause the database containing that table to become in ANY WAY unsuitable for upgrading?
  2. Why do Oracle still document the COPY command VERY FULLY in the 10.1 release of the SQLPLus User Guide?

Just answer the questions, if you can, without the usual irrlevant waffle. There you are, a real challenge for you.

And I bet you don't take it up.

Tim Kearsley
HBS Milton Keynes Received on Mon May 30 2005 - 15:06:43 CDT