Re: aq_tm_process & job_queue_process

From: Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 21:13:59 +0800

Satheesh Babu S wrote:

> Hi, i have advised one of our client to put zero for both these
> parameters in a test instance. Since it is a test instance it doesn't
> ran any queue or jobs.
> But the customer claims that after changing these 2 parameters they are
> having serious performance issues. He also claims that once he put
> these old value back, system is working fine.
> I can't think of any reason that making zero to these parameters will
> affect the performance.
> He is running in 9205 in tru64.
>
> Thanks and Regards,
> Satheesh Babu.S

sounds a dubious link to me... are you sure you are not using a job to (say) gather optimizer statistics...

Ask for a definitive test case where the customer can do:

  1. run process fast
  2. disable aq/job parms
  3. run process slow
--
Connor McDonald
Co-author: "Mastering Oracle PL/SQL - Practical Solutions"

web: http://www.oracledba.co.uk
web: http://www.oaktable.net
email: connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com

"Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat."