Re: Help: Is there any way we can find how many times a session has committed?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 15:25:01 -0700

charlie cs wrote:
> I believe one of our application has set conn.AutoCommit=true, and the
> session commit too often, because I often got 01555 errors when running long
> query.
>
> Is there any way I can tell which session commit too often and get some hard
> evidence from dynamic view before I go to talk to any developer?
>
> Thanks very much for your help.

Lets see how little useful information can be provided? Oracle version number?
Using rollback or UNDO?
SQL or PL/SQL?
Executing what DML statements?
In a loop?

If I had my ouija board nearby I could accurately diagnose your problem but rather than just blindly guess ... you provide something from which a reasonable response might be derived. We will both be a lot happier.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org