Re: Is there such thing as Oracle 9i client patchset??

From: Mark Bole <makbo_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 15:22:15 GMT

Dave wrote:

> "Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message
>

>>On Sat, 28 May 2005 08:27:28 GMT, Don <don_leeNO_aa_SPAM_at_telus.net>
>>wrote:
>>

>>>I've been looking around in metalink without luck. If such thing
>>>exist, would someone point me to the right direction please.
>>>
>>>Thanks and regards
>>
>>Separate client patch sets have never existed.
>>

> though if you download the database patch set you can patch the client that
> way

In other words, the installer (OUI) checks the inventory to determine whatever components you originally installed, and then patches just those components. So the steps for patching a client-only installation are the same as those for patching a full RDBMS installation, except of course you don't have to actually migrate any existing databases to the new version.

-Mark Bole Received on Sat May 28 2005 - 10:22:15 CDT